• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally...a decent overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey all,

just wanted to share my results that I have been working on for a few weeks now. I killed my A7N8X deluxe in a volt mod trick :(. I replaced it with an Abit NF7-S board. The chip is a JIUHB 0311MPMW. So far, it has been stable at this speed!

-Collin-

Attachments

• tbred@209x12_small.jpg
    tbred@209x12_small.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 204
howd you get up there i got the same chip and Kingston hyper x pc3500. Look at my specs below. Would a slow hd and bad psu hold it back from even booting when i up it?

AkuraII said:
howd you get up there i got the same chip and Kingston hyper x pc3500. Look at my specs below. Would a slow hd and bad psu hold it back from even booting when i up it?

BAD PSU = BAD OVERCLOCK!

Yes, that is with the tornado in my sig. I have not primed it yet...but i completed the 3d mark 03 test. It seemed to be running ok. I guess I am scared it will fail the prime test. Also, temps are 37 idle/41 load. Not bad right? Anyway....thanks for the compliments!

Boy, this sure makes me sad that tbreds are out of production....bartons just aren't as fun to me...:( Anyway...good luck guys.

-Collin-

I was going to tell ya nice overclock, but you haven't run Prime 95 yet! I know, it will break your heart. Prime 95 is good for that. But ya gotta do it. Ya gotta know if this is really stable. :)

Come back and let us know. I can run the CPU in my sig at 2500+ and even run games and benchmarks. But not Prime95.

Usually if you can make it through 3dmark 2003, its pretty stable. When it does the CPU Tests, that stresses it pretty good. I know when mine is unstable, it hard locks in 3dmark 03. But if you want to run prime for 4 hours or something just to see if its not gonna get errors right away. If it works for YOUR needs, then let it be.:D

Great OC!! but seriously, run all your tests on it.
I have the opposite problem, if i overclock above 2.3ghz Prime95 continues to run fine with no errors, but all my benchmarks crash (3dmk2k3, Aquamark and Gunmetal 2.0). Breaks my heart... any one got any STABLE voltage/fsb/multiplyer combos that would be stable on my xp3000?

Ninja

I can get the same OC with my chip but the maximum stable temp is only 42C that is very difficult to keep by running prime95 on air. Have you had a chance to check your maximum temperature for this speed?

Wow man! Really nice work!

Your temperatures are 10 degrees better than mine are right now - if your load is below 50 DC you still have headroom for more!

Prime it pronto, and adjust Vcore accordingly, I'll bet you can get that stable no problem!

Can you hit us with some Sandra, Prime95, and PCMark benchmarks at that speed? :)

BTW, I feel really bad about talking you into trying that volt mod, my sincerest apologies... :( :(

Well it's not that Prime95 is the end all of stability tests. I know people who are not Prime95 stable and are happy with their systems. That's fine. But Prime95 has become somewhat of a standard for ultimate overclock stability. It's the most clear way to show that you've made your overclock rock solid. That's why I asked to see you run it. It's just that much more impressive when you can run Prime95 for 12 hours.

Vrykyl said:
Great OC!! but seriously, run all your tests on it.
I have the opposite problem, if i overclock above 2.3ghz Prime95 continues to run fine with no errors, but all my benchmarks crash (3dmk2k3, Aquamark and Gunmetal 2.0). Breaks my heart... any one got any STABLE voltage/fsb/multiplyer combos that would be stable on my xp3000?

Check my sig. Stable as ever, ran prime for over 20hrs with no errors. But of course you know that no two chips are a like, so if anything goes wrong, I don't want you knocking at my door. :D

felinusz said:
Wow man! Really nice work!

Your temperatures are 10 degrees better than mine are right now - if your load is below 50 DC you still have headroom for more!

Prime it pronto, and adjust Vcore accordingly, I'll bet you can get that stable no problem!

Can you hit us with some Sandra, Prime95, and PCMark benchmarks at that speed? :)

BTW, I feel really bad about talking you into trying that volt mod, my sincerest apologies... :( :(

Hey man...it happens to the best of us...or dumbest of us. LOL. Anyway, I borrowed some money from the girlfriend to get a new board....I'll be paying her off for life, but it's all good. What I don't understand is that it worked for about half an hour...then died. Anyway, that is in the past now.

Benchmarks:

Sandra Arithmetic: 9277
3d mark 03: 4408 <----with a 9500 pro @ 9700 pro speeds...

Last, BUT NOT LEAST!!! failed prime 95 after 20 minutes. :(.

The question is....should I increase vcore? I am at 1.9

-Collin-

Oh, yeah....max temps during the tests are 42 c.

Yep - a little more Vcore won't hurt anyone ;)

(This from the same idiot who told you to do a volt mod which killed your old motherboard :()

Honestly though - your temperatures are really quite good - it will probably be "false stable" (less than 6 hours, but more than 4) at a 1.925 Vcore - you will probably need 1.95 to be 24 Hour Prime95 stable. Keep in mind that the NF7-S undervolts by a *LOT*, meaning that your actual Vcore is probably around ~1.85.

I need 2.06 in the BIOS to get 1.95 average actual (MBM5).

See how it affects your temperatures, and decide from there. If you aren't comfortable with pumping the chip that much than don't do it. I used to think that 1.75 was too high for me to run 24/7 at. We all compromise our processor's long-term life span to some extent :(.

Back