• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Lev 2 Rocks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Previously in my Abit IC-7 I was running OCZ Gold EL PC-4000 @ 256 FSB, 2.5-3-4-7, 1:1 and my average CPU times for SETI were like 3:05 hrs.

I swapped the memory to Mushkin PC-3500 Lev 2. Right now the system is running at 260 FSB (5:4) So the RAM is at about 208 FSB @ 2-2-2-6 - nowhere near its potential and my average CPU times are like 2:39 hrs.

Either the Mushkin kicks a$$, SETI likes tight timings, or both!

I have yet to test this mushkin in my Vdimm modded P4C800.

Level 2 is guaranteed to run at tighter timings.(2-2-2-6).

Level one runs at something like 2-3-3-6.

Oh I see. So do you think level one can reach the same timings as level 2 w/o overclocking? Or would I have to take my lvl1 3200 below 200 MHz to get better timings?

And what do you think I would benefit from more with my use of the computer, timings or high fsb? I game, model/animate/render, run F@H, and general purpose stuff.

NCIX is where I got my RAM...sometimes they have a hard time getting a hold of some. I thought that Mushkin sells off of their site? Has anyone ever bought direct?

Net-trix said:
NCIX is where I got my RAM...sometimes they have a hard time getting a hold of some. I thought that Mushkin sells off of their site? Has anyone ever bought direct?

I always buy direct from Mushkin. You get to choose the colors of your heatspreaders and you get their 2 week, no questions asked return policy.

I don't know if they'll sell to Canada though, give their 800 number a call and see.

only one way to find out...check out their site!

If mushkin doesn't there might be a list of online vendors on their site that do, or you could explore the net for a vendor that would ship to you.

Good Luck

Back