• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help please need help now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
listen i need big help and cant find deffinint info

i am making a new pc

should i get a 2.4c or 2.6c which is best for overclocking with the corect memeory

what memeory should i get for the best overclock possibility

mushkin
512MB PC3500 Level II Dual Pack (2x256MB)

or

512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Pack

I dont know which one to get different people just keep sending me back and forth. all i want is the best configuratiocn on a asus p4c800 e delux. all i want is the best possiblility ot overclock past 3.0 ghz

if anybody has any other suggestions please coment

id get the 2.6C it will go higher due to the motherboard or ram being limiting factor u willneed to run the ram at 5/4 once u start overclocking over 230fsb :)

BTW AMD doesnt Suck please remove it :)

and about your Hard Drive it wouldnt be 54,000RPM it would blow up its properly a 5,400RPM

Steven4563 said:
id get the 2.6C it will go higher due to the motherboard or ram being limiting factor u willneed to run the ram at 5/4 once u start overclocking over 230fsb :)

BTW AMD doesnt Suck please remove it :)

and about your Hard Drive it wouldnt be 54,000RPM it would blow up its properly a 5,400RPM

its like that for a reason and yes i do not like amd at all

Steven4563 said:
hmm because i dont like Intel at all maybe i should put above my Sig Intel Sucks !!!

if you want you are entitled to your opinion i just feel that amd makes porly made chips.

Have evidence to back that up? Because I'm rather reluctant to help people with such attitudes...especially because I'm an AMD fan, and I think they're great chips. :D

Last edited:
ok then if amd is so great how come they only control .3% of the server market. yes i said .3% . and how much does intel control upwards of 90%

ok then if amd is so great how come they only control .3% of the server market. yes i said .3% . and how much does intel control upwards of 90%
Um...since when does server market share determine the QUALITY of a particular processor? LoL...most of it is because Intel got deals with all the big PC manufacturers way back when. Intel has also historically (changing somewhat now) made a better server product than AMD. But that doesn't make an Intel desktop processor BETTER. You just need to respect both sides of view, and the merits of every setup. All this AMD/Intel bashing goes nowhere, and I really don't want to get into it.

Go for the 2.4c and the mushkin. I believe that ram has the bh5 chips. With my corsair xms 3500 which has the bh5 chips and the 2.4c. I run mine at 290fsb 5/4 divider 232mhz 2-2-2-5. That ram has to have some volts tho.

Back