• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Corsair PC4400 (550MHz DDR) coming soon!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vince22

Registered
It will be a PC4400 (550MHz DDR) based on Hynix Rev C chips. Timings will come in at 3-4-4-8 and voltage supposedly needed only be 2.65 - 2.75. What about " PRO series version, hope so.....Can't wait try this out......

sounds nice but really,, unless ur gonna oc the current cpus with pelters and compressor cooling,, u could never really use it..

unreal said:
sounds nice but really,, unless ur gonna oc the current cpus with pelters and compressor cooling,, u could never really use it..

why not? it's always better to use 1/1 fsb/mem
just use a 2.4c
12*275 = 3300 = kick@$$

nice, but as you said i wna tthe pro series, and hopefully thye will be registered (yeah right) so it coudl go great with my dual operton setup!

unreal said:

crimedog said:
intel boards ^^ :)

batboy and many others have ther FSB higher than 275. batboys is on water, and there is some other with a sp94... it is very possible without phase change/pelts

stan03 said:

batboy and many others have ther FSB higher than 275. batboys is on water, and there is some other with a sp94... it is very possible without phase change/pelts

He's right, FSB over 275 has become quite common since the 2.4c came out, even with plain aircooling.

mrspec3 said:
OCZ has PC4500 comming out.....I'm sure it will beat the corsairs pants off like all their ram is doing now

im running 290 1-1 already with my pc4000. just got the new mo stepping(2.4c). so what i need to know, is how fast over 275 will the new stuff run at 3.3 volts?

flapperhead said:

im running 290 1-1 already with my pc4000. just got the new mo stepping(2.4c). so what i need to know, is how fast over 275 will the new stuff run at 3.3 volts?

How fast the OCZ pc4500 will go on 3.3V? I can't say for sure since I don't have any but I would say 300Mhz+ would be doable

Steve

mrspec3 said:

How fast the OCZ pc4500 will go on 3.3V? I can't say for sure since I don't have any but I would say 300Mhz+ would be doable

Steve

and that is where the CPU may become the bottleneck...

pc4400 sounds cool, having that in your system, 1:1, DC = almost 9000mb/s RAM bandwith (in theory)

ps. hmm, i need to read up on this stepping thing...

edit: why would you want the PRO™ series? unless youve got a windowed case, i dont see any advantages for them lights...

Back