• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12x Multi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andy71600

ok, on my Barton i am currently at 11.5x 204 @1.75... but i really am shooting for 2.4 ghs. Should i raise my vcore and attempt to hit teh 12x multi or would i be better off with some fsb changes?

I am mostly thinkin about attempting to get my fsb to 220 and the multi at 11 but i need a second opinion...

Thanks

Last edited:
FSB is more important. It depends on RAM.
Yes, you need to increase Vdimm RAM voltage as well as Vcore voltage to squeeze all you can out of that Barton. Nice PSU by the way. If you're using retail cooling, watch those temps...

yea, ive know all about that fsb and stuff for a while, i just wasnt sure about once it gets this high... and there is no way anyone can pay me to use stock cooling ;)

Edit: Yeah, The voltages are quite stable w/ this psu so im pretty happy with it

To answer your question, yes, you can increase the Vcore and hit 12x200 if that is the route you want to go. As C627627 said, you can also choose to up the FSB. Either way, my experience has shown that once you get the CPU frequency (via greater multiplier or FSB) above 2200, you most likely need to increase the Core voltage to maintain stability.

With my particular CPU (see sig), 1.65 gets you to 2200 stable, 1.75 gets me to 2300 stable and 1.85 gets me to 2400 stable. Yours may vary a little one way or the other.

Hoot

1.65 gets me to 2260mhz (prime stable for 24 hrs) havent really tried to increase my overclock in a while, and now i am feeling the need!!!
(I swear im addicted!)

Edit: How do you change the priority in Prime95? It is greyd out on my version...

Andy71600 said:
1.65 gets me to 2260mhz (prime stable for 24 hrs) havent really tried to increase my overclock in a while, and now i am feeling the need!!!
(I swear im addicted!)

aqxea is a great chip, 1.65 gets mine to 2380.is yours the early 30s?

Andy71600 said:
(I swear im addicted!)

Edit: How do you change the priority in Prime95? It is greyd out on my version...

Well, you can go to the directory where your prime95 files are located and edit the .ini file by setting Advanced=1 and Priority=10, or run prime95, go to the advanced screen, enter the password 9876, that'll enable changing priority.

EDIT: that's prime.ini

Hoot

Back