• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps - Real or Not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dorimon81

I just put a huge blower in my system. pushes about 100 CFM or air, but it sounds like a hair dryer, but I'm happy.

Anyways, I am wondering if the temps are too good to be true
Here are the temps
System Temp - 30C
CPU Temp - 40C

I've got an Athlon XP 2100+ at the stock speed and before, the temps were about 40C for the case and 55C for the CPU and I don't know if these are real temps. Can anybody suggest a good temperature monitoring program? And I can anybody suggest where to mount the thing?

Thanks

if u dont have any other fans inside other than psu exhaust, then u should mount it in the front bottom or on the bottom of the side panel, or over the cpu to push cold air directly to it, but thats not very smart because the blower fan's cfm may overpower the cpu hs's fan and burn out the motor inside...i would recommend having it in the bottom of the front panel to provide cool air to everything like the video card, and improve circulation.

Your temps sound about right after having more circulation added. But can u also list other parts of ur system, (in sig (signature) for more convenience), some cheap mobo manufacturers (like abit) place a temp sensor in the socket of the cpu and not read from the cpu die itself, so the temps may be affected by the improved airflow inside, or u just had bad airflow to begin w/, read the cooling stickies to learn how to cool ur case better, remember, cool air blowing in bottom, hot air exhaust on top

all those software monitoring proggies, read the temp from the sensors already in your case, so the odds of the temp then being different than the ones stated above is small...

tip: find an extra temp reader thingy (buy one at your local store) and see what it reads at certain parts of the mobo, so you can check how accurate your mobo measures them.

Jognt said:
all those software monitoring proggies, read the temp from the sensors already in your case, so the odds of the temp then being different than the ones stated above is small...

tip: find an extra temp reader thingy (buy one at your local store) and see what it reads at certain parts of the mobo, so you can check how accurate your mobo measures them.

well no...LOTS of mobos take the temp reading from the cpu die....

Back