• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 multplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLooD

hi guys, my first post here, itizme advised me here, so its his fault:p only kididng dood, my problem, i have a p4 at 21x multi on an abit ic7 max3 using the latest bios (v13), is there any way to change the fsb multi, and no im not gonna do any alteration to he mobo lol chears

You can change your FSB, but you can't change your multiplier. Just go into the BIOS on boot... (hold del when you turn the computer on.)

Welcome to the forums :) as CamH said you just enter the BIOS and change your FSB setting. If your computer becomes unstable try changing the memory divider. For more info checkout the Intel section, if you have questions about intels it's best to post there because it gets more of the appropriate traffic!

Good luck!

you cannot change the multipler on a p4

to clarify, your multipler isnt x21 as you say. if you have a 2.8c its x14.

if you're running at 3.25 as you said, then your FSB would be 232... 232x14 = 2350MHz or 3.25GHz

if you want to overclock it more simply raise the FSB. do do so go into bios by hitting del while starting up.

you will see this screen...

1062141591eE98nfjMXY_2_1_l.gif

goto the menu called softmenu setup, here you will find the the fsb settings for your cpu

1062141591eE98nfjMXY_2_2_l.gif

for more insightful help read the stickies!

and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS ;)

The multi is 21x on the 133fsb 2.8ghz Northwoods (2.8b).

This doesn't change the fact the multi is hard-locked within the die and is essentially impossible to change. The only way to adjust the speed of the CPU is to change the fsb.

yep it is x21, so how do some ppl manage 1ghz fsb at 3.25ghz core speed then and this little bleeder aint got ht either, me mate has a 2.4ghz oc to 3.06ghz and ht was enabled when he did the overclock, my cpu family f, 2, 7, o, o, c1, brand id 9:confused:

Your multiplier is so high. Every fsb you increase it raises the clock speed about twice the amount of your friend's who has the 2.4.

I have a 3.0c with a 15 multiplier. I can get it no where near the fsb of the 2.4c's with a 12 multi.

welcome to the forums!

i'd say save your money and get a 2.4C or a 2.6C, since your going to
overclock it. you'll be able to get more FSB out of your MOBO and
save some money to boot :D.

/2¢

c_h

welcome to the forums m8!

does your mobo support 800mhz CPUs?
nice OC on your cpu, higher multi means more mhz per fsb increase, but also less stability faster than with a lower multi..

only AMD has unlocked CPUs so your intel will stay at 21x...

Back