• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know what's different about the new 8ipe1000 pro's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homey

Registered
I checked out gigabyte's site and found that the new "gt edition" adds CIA and MIB and the pro3 adds the ichr for raid. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new boards and knows if they are "hands down" better because with today's industry companies can add "new" but worthless features but cut other critical parts like going from a 6-phase to a 4-phase power circuitry

The later the release of the board the better. I think. There are 10 versions of the ipe1000 and Im not sure of the exact changes in them. I have a ipe1000 pro ver1 and am very unhappy with Gigabyte for doing this. The ver2 and ver3 have some changes dealing with the chipset and I cant get these with a BIOS update. ( im SOL, unless I buy a new board )

Have you tried contacting Gigabyte and make them explain the differences. If not, I would get the latest one released to be safe ( they sound like cool things to have ) Or just get an ASUS, hehe.

I havent seen to many other versions, so I cant really help much. I do know, raid support would be nice though. Good luck

I have the IPE1000pro GT rev 2.0

Have SATA0 and SATA1 but no Raid i think. Unless that means raid. Not too up on raid. But alls i can say about the board IS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AWESOME!! Its an overclocking beast! Stable as a rock with any proggy.

Harry

Back