• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox2 to take 64bit AMD cpus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL, don't you know that Microsoft wants to control everything. They will have their own chip :) Copyrighted & etc. Some special version of PowerPC made by IBM.

even though microsoft wants to control everything, you've got to admit it is a nice thought:) , it would be very good for competition, which would mean cheaper parts for us, and it does kinda make sense. After all ibm and amd are very close nowdays, so are microsoft and amd, after all winxp64 was created for amd64, amd has said they will have dual cored processors in the future, can u imagine a dual cored3.2GHZ(guess) athlon 64fx, working in 64bit mode. microsoft would already have the infrastructiure there to put it in place. Maybe I'm just dreaming, oh well.

Hell i even heard that Microsoft wants to also buy AMD.. Could you imagine the blackmail they would put on that sale? Let us buy your company or no 64bit support for your CPU!

:D

God i hope if its true that AMD says ya cant have everything bill!

if microsoft did buy AMD it wouldnt be that bad with all that money that they have got.

more money = more reserach and so on
and in the end off it all faster cpu's for us :)

Bill would most definately lock all CPU's though. And raise their price to get the AMD sector to make a profit.

I say Bill doesn't want them because he doesn't think its a good investment. I bet he's banking on them going broke. If they start to do well, then we might need to worry.

Not to troll around the AMD forums, but I'd think Bill would rather buy Intel than AMD. Intels market share is so much bigger than AMD. More market share equals more money. Plain and simple.

yea but intels price tag may be a littlel higher than amd's

Crash893 said:
yea but intels price tag may be a littlel higher than amd's
Never mind price tag there would be issues on anti-competitiveness/monopoly that would make that potential marraige a non starter

Back