• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Value ram!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

I'm building my friend a computer, i'll post the newegg wishlist
I want to do the l2 mod to the duron, and overclock it to/over ddr400. A friend of mine has the kingston value pc2100 and he's at 400mhz @ cas2.5 very impressive for the price (and rating).
He got it for $10/stick at officemax (a rebate may have been used). Any other choices for quality overclocking but most importantly cheap sticks?
Thnx!

Last edited:
It all depends on what memory chips are used. Kingston Value-Ram uses a wide assortmant of memory chips. Your friend could have gotten naturally 6ns (DDR333) or even 5ns (DDR400) memory chips with his PC-2100. It's luck of the draw.

For consistant low-cost memory, I like KingMax :) 256MB of PC-3200 "Super-RAM" is $43 @ NewEgg. Only $3 more then Value-Ram PC-2100. KingMax produces their own memory chips (like Micron/Crucial).

But probably the best deal is Buffalo PC-3200 w/ Winbond CH-5 chips for $38/256MB. These are the same memory chips currently used in Corsair XMS PC-3200 LL and Kingston HyperX PC-3500. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-150-563&depa=0

Or Kingston HyperX PC-3000 w/ Winbond BH- 5 chips for $104/2x256MB at NewEgg .

Last edited:
Back