• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slowing Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

340Duster

I just recently noticed that my HSF has slowed down by an avg of 1000 rpm. Is there an explanation for this other than the fan is dieing? The PSU is an Antec 450watt which is not even 6 months old, so that should not be the issue.

No dust, just blew it out like a week or so ago. and the fan is plugged into the mobo as it always has been.

Is it colder in the room where the computer is ,than normal?
Your fan is temp. controlled.If the room is 10° C colder it may run slower as the rig is cooler. THE FANMAN:cool:

This fan is not controlled it is supposed to run full speed all the time, and because of the slowing the CPU is up about 8 degrees

The only other fan that is being monitored is the one in the PSU which seems to be normal right now, and i can't tell the brand of fan since the decal is spinning:D it is whatever came with the HS

Well i swapped fans and this one is keeping a consistant RPM. And i think a drop or two of oil fixed my other fan as it is running fine now.

Back