• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE, not able to flash BIOS and hacked bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

I had a P4PE asnd I was not able to change the bios or flash it, and I had before, I had a problem with a hacker/backdoor trojan, and I feel this may have been the problem. Has anyone got any suggestions about why I was not able to flash it? ARE the BIOS settings able to be hacked and frozen so that they cannot be changed, or was it my mistake??
thanks

i doubt that the virus could do all that. I think that the worst case scenario is that u would lose all your information. seems like a slim to none chance that that trojan/virus will have changed ur bios info

IMO, with all the programs for changing the BIOS from windows nowadays I realy would'nt be suprised to hear that somebody came up with what you talking about, but don't think it would be able to stop you from reflashing it.

Back