• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Ram Choice for High Speed FX rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woodenman80

Right im building an FX Rig on an Asus SK8N with a 9800XT graphics card to throw in!

Now this rig is going to be designed as a ultra fast gaming rig (with Overclocking potential) but i need/was hoping to get some input on the memory that people would choose. Ive used Twinmos for a while and that has been great but this machine will need 1gb of something sweet so can someone give me ideas to what you would believe is best ATM?

I am pretty sure Fx's need ECC memory, Corsair has some XMS PC3200 ECC Here
They have 1Gb sticks too. You may want to confime the ECC thing but I am almost posative that they need it. That is probably the best memory you are gonna get for it too, ECC makes it a lot harder to OC- But I think they are only OCable via the multiplier too right? So that wouldn't be a problem really. That is what I would get if I have been informed correctly about the FX and such.

Yeah im pretty sure its EEC or bust.

THe asus board supports multiplier changes and i realise the problem of EEC memory and oc.

Its for a review pc for someone and utilising a new cooling system (will post stuff when it ready to roll a bit more)

Thanx for the links :)

Back