• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KHysiek

Registered
Hi everyone.

I am going to upgrade to 1Gig Dualchannel, but here, where I live choice of memories (and my budget) is a bit narrow. I am interested in 200MHz (enough for me) at best timings. Abit AN7 nForce2 mobo, AXP2500.
I can get one of these:
1) Kingston KVR400X64C3/512
2) Kingston KVR400C64C3A/512 (hm this model isn't listed on Kingston page, I'm not sure if it's typo or some strange module, it costs a bit more than no.1)
3) Kingmax DDR400/512MB (no more precise data , it a little cheaper than Kingstons)
4) Infineon DDR400/512MB in DC kit.

Sadly no other options available. What would you advice ?

Hm, are you sure ? KVR400C64C3A i probably a typo, so if to compare KVR400X64C3A and non-A, A has better timings according to Kingston www and costs a little more.

Do you really need a gig of ram? Maybe you should reconsider getting a high end 256x2 pair for 512 mb instead? Granted running anything at 200mhz FSB is going to be a challenge to squeeze really low timings, the BH5 stuff is your best shot, and i dont think any of those ram products are in that class, and I think you'll see alot more benefit from what timing you can squeeze out of the ram rather than having a ton of it available.

Back