• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What bios settings do these relate to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f2racer

Registered
I've got a couple of sticks of 256MB Kingston HyperX PC3000 DDR in my machine (running dual channel). On newegg.com, the specs listed are:

Cas Latency: 2-2-2-6 1T

What do these settings relate to in terms of chipset bios settings on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe (v1.04)? Also how much can I push the memory? I get a missing DDL message when I try to push the FSB and memory to 200Mhz (synced at 100%) when trying to boot into XP at 11x200Mhz. The system is stable at 13x170Mhz...

Thanks!

Sounds like your board can't handle 200MHz FSB. If I remember correctly, the 1.04 boards used the A2 NB which was the stepping prior to certified 200MHz operation. Sorry to say, I don't remember what order the timings are listed at however on NF2 boards, the last (tras, I think) is best when set to 11.

~THT

PC3000 is rated to like 183 mhz at its published timings, since you havent changed your settings its probably using the SPD settings of 2-2-2 and the ram just isnt capable of going that high on the FSB at those timings. You've really got two options, try pushing the voltage setting for the DDR ram higher, it should be in one of your bios menus if that doesnt work, or you dont want to overvolt the ram, you'll have to either change from SPD timings to manual and slow the ram down, or live with a lower FSB setting.

Back