• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm Fan cutting guides

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I need a down and dirty 80mm fan hole/cutting guide. I know that there are guides out there that can be printed but my printer is down until someone decides to get me a new one. I cannot waste money on a printer when there are video cards, mobos and processors to be bought!!! So, how can I determine the size of an 80mm fan hole without a printable guide or a protractor? Any help would be much appreciated by me and my system.

Use a fan as a guide. You'll want it to be a little smaller than the fans width. Mark the fans size on a piece of paper and cut the paper a little narrower. Fold the paper in have to find the center of the paper. Mark the center of your opening and measure from there. Cut an octagon instead of a circle, it is both easier to layout and easier to cut.

archilochus said:
Orion,There is a guide a this link.It's towards the bottom of the page. THE FANMAN:cool:

LINK :D

GUIDE LINK

This is a diff. method!^^^^

small bit of offtopic:
i think THE FANMAN should enlargen his name to contain summat like THE LINKMAN :D

ontopic: you want to cut out the fangrill from your case? take a good pair of plyers (sp?) and cut em out...

Back