• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What HS for really big fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
elv,What type system,mobo processor,case ?A little help please:D
Thats a monster fan.I've seen it around before.You must have a AMD! THE FANMAN:cool:

Oo...I know the largest adaptor I've seen is to fit 120mm fans on heatsinks, have one of those myself, however that guys.. 171.45mm! I'd think you'd be hard pressed to fit that sucker on a socket with an adaptor, without setting up the motherboard outside of a case.. lesse what others have to say..

He might be able to mount it hanging from the PSU case ,in front of the HS.It may reduce the dead spot. Or mount on side door.
Duct to HS. What are you going to use to contrrol the fans speed?
THE FANMAN:cool:

Hehe I know that sucjer is huge.And your are right I have AMD.
I´m gonna have it on the side door , wich is steardy enough to hold it.Then I was thinking off makeing a shroud for it.
Well that is the idea anyway.Maybe a litle overkill I know but hey why not try it.

Ups forgot the specs.
2500xp
shuttle an35 ultra
Antler case medium

Thats was what I was thinking, just wanted to know if other HS would be better

The guy I know that has one of these monster fans, uses a ceiling fan dimmer switch to control his as a case fan.He was
originally going to run 2 of these in his case.But it wouldn't fit in the rear of the case.I think he put Tornados in the rear.Keep
your flow up & temps down,THE FANMAN:cool:

:eek: :drool: I want one of those =|

erm... for a heatsink... man. thats a lot of cfm... the most sufrace area imagineable would be the better i would thinks. the zalman copper flower has the most surface area that i have seen in a lot o fheatsinks for its size, but keep in mind its design would restrict a lof o the almost 250 cfm =|. slk 947 would work well not restricting airflow throught he fins at all, but you would want to duct it.

hmmm.

personally, i would build my own heatsink with that.... a much bigger sp 94 i think.

Back