• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP1700 DLT3C is a GREAT CHIP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bafbrian

I finally got my system together and I have the my "miracle chip" at 2.4 right now. I can boot into windows and I started Prime95 at midnight and it has been rock solid so far. I left it going when I left for school and lowered the Shutdown temp as a precaution.

When I was working up to the speed, I was trying to get 2.5+, but it will not boot. If anyone can recommend any suggestion to get a better OC, plz post them here.

My system specs are in my SIG.

THX to all who lend a han to a fellow OCer.

You may need more voltage to get your oc higher. How are your temps at the speed you are running now?

Btw congratz on the nice oc so far ;)

Hey, that's a normal XP1700 DLT3C!!!! You can most likely go higher! I think those chips are sweet! For 150 bucks and some shopping around you can get a DLT3C, nice refurbed NF2, and an awesome HSF (like the one you got).

I bought it for $45 a while ago. I plans on building this system a long time ago.

I want to Up the Voltage, but I am little cautious about that. Since no one bought my Tornado, I will put the Tornado on it OC a little higher.

What kind of voltage would you recommend for a better OC ?

Also, check out my sig, I have the specs in there for now.

I have since replaced mine with a barton. As soon as I get a new board ill drop this thing back into action, never have I bought a better cpu in my life, 2.2ghz with no problems just an extra voltage increase, at 1.7 I did 2400.

All this on quiet air cooling ;)

Yeah, Air is Great isn't it ?

I am redoing Prime95 with the Voltage at 1.8. The NF7-S undervolts it a little to 1.78, but at 2.4, I am don't have a problem.

Yes, it is a great chip.

It is economical.
It is fun.
It is a great learning vehicle.

I started my first serious overclocking with it since April. Before that I was still using stock HSF for Palomino and Tbred A since the overclocking gain, even with good cooling, was limited from Palomino and Tbred A. Learned a lot about overclocking, ..., the details about the experiments and science are captured here.

Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C 2.5+ GHz air results

Last edited:
I think that my overall OC is being held back by my current PSU. I have the one in my SIG going to wannaoc for a "overhaul". I am currently using a crappy 300W PSU. My lines are very good. I believe that when I get my PSU back, I will have a better OC.

I got a question though, when I do my Burn-In, should I downclock the proc to stock but keep voltage the same right ?

From your sig, you have a SLK-900U. If you are using it, make sure using only 80 mm fan such as TT SFII or 80 mm Tornado for pressing overclocking or benchmarking. IMO, 90 mm fans are not good to use for SLK-900U/947U, even many would think otherwise.

The 90 mm fans have higher open air CFM, but the effective CFM when working w/ such HS's would be much reduced due to the HS flow resistance.

Testing 4 fans w/ a SLK-947U on a Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C (page 16)

Comparing Tornado 80mm, Tornado 92mm and TT SFII (second test data) (page 17)

Try using a TT SFII or Tornado and you might see the CPU overclocking would be much improved.

My 1700+ does 2.5 at 1.9v, and 2.4 at around 1.8v. It can do 2.1 or so at stock. :D

With a little more mosfet cooling I'm pushing for 2.6ghz @ 1.95v actual. :) Hard to keep the vCore stable on these NF7-S's once you get that high though...

You know, I did notice that when I had the 80mm attached, the temps were lower, even at a higher Vcore. The only problem I have with that fan is that it is so freaky LOUD. If I had a rheobus like a Vantec, I would keep the Tornado attahced. Until that day, I will use the 92mm Panaflo. I was even thinking about attaching a 120mm fan. That would be interesting.

You could get a rheostat and just do some wire fiddling and hook the tornado up to it and control it's speed. Just so you know if you want to do it, I suggest get a 0-15ohm 5w (the wattage is very important) rheostat, its about $2 and you'll have a manually controlled speed fan

I have two 0308 1700+s in my dual . Both do 2400 at 1.82 and did 2500 at 1.9 volts. To bad this board doesnt go to 1.9 volts or I would have a chance

The Coolest said:
You could get a rheostat and just do some wire fiddling and hook the tornado up to it and control it's speed. Just so you know if you want to do it, I suggest get a 0-15ohm 5w (the wattage is very important) rheostat, its about $2 and you'll have a manually controlled speed fan

Where could I get one from ?

Finally got some screenies:

Stock:
Desktop Stock.JPG

Daily Use Speed:
Destop Oced Regular.JPG

More screenies on next page.

Back