• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Heatsinks??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I have a PNY GF4 Ti 4200 that recently bit the dust. (See Pic Below) Would I see any gain by removing the RAM heatsinks from the Ti 4200 and putting them on my BBA 9800np? I have a dermel if I should need to trim them down. I also have some Artic Aliminua for bonding. My 9800np currently has an Artic Cooling VGA Silencer on it so the top of the RAM is pretty much covered up.

Would placing the PNY heatsinks on the bottom of the ram help? I have an 80mm fan on the side of my case that blows on the video card and I am planning on upgrading to a 120mm fan. Or, should I just get a set of Zalman or Tweakmonster heatsinks??

Please Help.

By the way, the GF4 Ti4200 is in the freezer right now. The cold should facilitate the removal of the heatsinks!

I finally installed them. First I cut them in half with a Dremel. Then I Arctic Alumined them in place. I am getting 6001 3DMark 2K3 now. This BBA 9800np rocks, even with infenon ram!!

Back