• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have finally done it!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

My goal has finally been reached! To be able to boot into Windows, completely, in under one minute, while still maintaining decent temperatures.

The overclock - CPU 2.16Ghz(216x10)
RAM 7-3-3-2.5 Not bad for Low-end Corsair 3200

The cooling - Stock, completely, TIM, HSF, all of it, hell, I even took all the case fans out, leaving me with a NB fan, CPU fan, and the PSU fan.

The temps? Currently running at 25case, 40cpu, and that's a little warm in my room.

Joy! :)

Questions, comments, awards?

Pretty good overclock for stock HSF. What O/S do you use that takes 1minute to boot up completely? I don't think it takes my system quite that long but mines totally different. Good job;)

I'm on 2000, for a while there it was doing it in 1 minute, 5 seconds, I just kept upping the FSB. Oh, I also diagnosed my sudden shutdown syndrome. I had to turn off hardware acceleration completely, which most likely helped, too. I don't notice it gone, except for when dropdown menus come up, they're choppy when they first come flying out. I'll time it again just to be sure.

You can improve boot times with Microsoft's Bootvis and defragging.

Also, you'll probably get more bandwidth by bumping up your tRAS (the "7") to 11. If you don't believe me...try both in Sandra and find out. :)

XP used to take about 50 seconds to boot on my PATA100 Seagate Barracuda, but since I got the Raptor twins, it now takes 14 seconds.

Hoot

Wow that's very impressive. VERY impressive. My little Barracuda IV is slow, but it's silent, and that was my goal. My hdd is defragged, and I'll check out Bootvis. I tried the Tras at 11, and it was slower, so regardless of benchmark scores, I think it's better this way. :) Thanks for the tip, though.

Back