• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gotta luv Winter!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Ok, I'm not normally a winter fan, more like a grown up beach bum actually. But, I have found winter to be nice in one aspect. Computer temps!@!

I leave the window cracked slightly by my main rig and now that temps(outside) have dropped my rig is @35C with the CPU fan at 50%! Gets down to 30 at 100%.

Maybe it's time to shoot for that elusive 2500mhz.

Lol. You enjoy heating up the neighborhood?

I like winter because my comps help heat up the house.
I wouldnt go as far as opening the window to cool them down because hours after that I would find myself upping the thermostat on furnace.

There is insulation in my walls for a reason.

I only open it up a very small crack like 1/2". The window is right behind my computer. Doesn't really make a temp diff to the room at all but that cold air feeding straight into computer makes a heck of a diff.

yeah my comp is right below the window, i opened my case, and the temps dropped to 38 celcius, in 54 degree F.

Back