• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To go WATERCOOLING or HIGH END AIR COOLING

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmAzY

Registered
Hi Guys,

I need some of your expertice opinion on my cooling problem.

Should i buy a Space2000 watercooling kit for $150 dollars (canadian) flat
or get a SLK900a or SP97 if that thing do comes out soon here in Vancouver.... (less than $100 canadian)

I dont care about noise but i just want the best cooler for my cpu.. i read the space2000 review and the rankings and stuff and it had .30 and the thermalright 900a had .22 ... so that sorta got me all mixed up....

so what do you guys think would be the best for me on this problem....

k thx in advance... highly apprecaite it.

If i was going to go watercooling, i wouldnt get a kit, although i do not know what comes in this particular kit.

The SP97 is a great heatsink and can be used with a quiet 80-92mm fan or a LOUD 92mm Tornado. You will get better results with the tornado, but at the cost of your hearing.

You say you dont care about noise but thats what i said until having the tornado for about 2 weeks.

id go for watercooling, the tornado and other high speed, high cooling fans will turn you deaf in no time...

a lot of those fans reach up to 45 db...

i had tornado's before with swiftech hsf and 3 delta 80mm case fans... so noise aint a factor...

check out the review section for space2000 watercooling kit.

right now my cpu aqxea0331 barton 2500 is running at @ 11.5x210 or 12x205 ... it rans fine but when i start playing games it works but once my temp hits pass 50 game starts exiting back to the desktop... thats why im thinking my slk700a with small delta on it can't cool it much no more....

i'm sure its coolign thats holding me back or the actual cpu...

mobo is abit nf7's
ram is kingston hyperx 4000 (466mhz)
psu is enermax 650 w dual fan psu.

oh ya forgot to mention my vcore is at 1.95... i'm not plannig to go pass 2.0 vcore for daily computer usage... i think 1.95 daily usage with good temp would be fine for the cpu for daily usage..

with a vcore that high, definately go water cooling. here is a little graph i will try to make with text.

Here is how a water cooler and top o the line air cooling go temp wise, with a low, and high temp load.

Low Temp Load (lower is better)
Water Cool: ||||||||||||||
Air Cooler: ||||||||||||||||

Both are about the same with small temp loads.

medium temp load (lower is better)
Water Cool: ||||||||||||||||||
Air Cooler: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

water starts to pull away

High temp load (lower is better)
Water cooler: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||
air cooler: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So as you can see, and i believe most people that are informed will aggree, the higher the temps, the better watercooling is. watercooling raises in temp alot less then air cooling does.

ya i figured that out also... i tried space2000 before but i forgot how well it did compared to a high end air cooling.

Ya but anyways I think i'll go shed the cash for the watercooler and see how it goes...

coz for the 50 dollars different it would be a better investment and i could always upgrade my watercooling if i did buy it with better pumps and add gpu waterblock and chipset etc...

lates

Any links to the kit? Usually kits don't perform very well, and it might be possible to DIY for cheaper.

I myself had this issue about 2 hrs ago lol. I was deciding wether to get a nice air heatsink or watercooling. If I were you I would get a good waterclock(RBX,tc-4.whitewater) ,get about 10ft of tygon 1/2 tubing,heater core with fans and shrouds,,miscellaneous fittings and hose clamps,and a decent pump(eheim or Mag3). Its more expensive then either of the choices you put up but probably the best route as it performs better and is much more customizable. This is just my opinion on this.

ya man i know, but i dont wanna spend so much on this... .. max i will spend is 150 for a watercooler... and 100 for a hsf...

Well I would have to say aircooling for you then as I can't see any good buget water cooling solutions that would outperform air(please correct me if I am assuming wrong). I guess I would wait for the SP-97 and get a good fan such as a tornado with a speed controller on it.

ya that was my question if i would benefit more on space2000 watercooler or thermalrigth sp97 with vantec tornado or something fast.

what do u guys say... some says water and some says sp97... what would it be guys...

in my opinion i think space2000 would be better choice.... but thats why im here coz i'm not sure 100 percent. I need some opinion from the overclocking Gods.

EmAzY,Heres a link to the heat sink review and round-up.It shows
water cooling and air cooling.I run a SP-94 HS by Thermalright ,with a 92mm Panaflo fan on it.I have respectable temps and fair noise levels.The choice has to be yours.We can provide the info for you to make a informed decission.THE FANMAN:cool:

HS REVIEW LINK

The last reply in this thread is for you. :D
THREAD LINK

Last edited:
I would think that water cooling is the way to go. For me I have added up with I would have spent in fans and junk like that VS a watercooling set up and the water cooling was with in $50us

um, space2000 for 150 canadian.... i think thats an awesome deal...... if i went with sp97 thats prolly like 90 then fans so like 110 .... and i think for my judgement the space2000 would cool better at high fsb and vcore at 1.95 ...

Deathmasher said:
I would think that water cooling is the way to go. For me I have added up with I would have spent in fans and junk like that VS a watercooling set up and the water cooling was with in $50us

I would get the air in this case, I don't really like kits and think your money would be better spent on a nice HS and fan than a sub par (?) watercooling kit.

Back