• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reached a new high OC / max for ECS mobo :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Hey all, thought I would share my newest overclock with my POS ECS motherboard, I know I need a better board and I will get one as soon as fundage is available. But this has to be one great overclock for the little lightweight!

Athlon XP 2000+ overclocked to 2600+ speeds.... 12.5 x 160 = 2,000Mhz. Stock voltage, PCI @ 40mhz AGP @ 80mhz and stable, that to me is unbelievable! Anyway, when I get a new mobo 200x10 should be easy :)

Here is me going toe to toe with a P4 2.8Ghz!! My 2000+ and ECS mobo cost me a total of $69 at Fry's on a special, and it's a Tbred-B core as well.

CPU Test

2600cpu.JPG

CPU Multi

2600multi.JPG

Did that on purpose, I do not think a 266mhz FSB CPU can go head to head with a 800mhz FSB CPU, I was trying to keep the playing field as even as possible for benching purposes.

I am pleased with the results but of course I know it can do better which is frustrating cause my ECS KT333 board is holding me back so much. One day soon I will have the power in my hands and I will floor this sucker and see just how far it can go!

heh, when that day comes, i will wish you good luck and a nice OC with that great proccie!

edit: ah hell! ill wish ya good luck here and now!

*walks towards chasingapple, hugs him, shakes his hand*

*good luck m8 *snif* good luck!*

----this post is not ment to hurt anyone/thing in any way!----

Well, I have no way to adjust the voltage at all. Actually I might go try it now, gimme a few and I will report back...it is a jumper on the mainboard...

No go on the 166FSB default. It gets all the way to the windows logo screen and then restarts. I know if I could up the voltage just a hair all would be fine. I really hate this mobo, hehe.

Can't do that either. You see an ECS motherboard only gives you one overclocking option... FSB speed adjustment. NO voltage, NO multi, No anything else :)

Back