• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P deluxe SATA vs. ATA RAID opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Hi, just wondering you experience with the ata vs sata in raid configuration. A set of 120gb hd run abou 110 in sata. Would this be worth the upgrade as far as performance is concerned vs ata? I also see that sata uses an intel chipset where ata uses via for the p4p deluxe. Is the intel chipset anygood for raid?

Thanks for you opinions....

P4PE users are not geting many answers here lately.....sorry I havent tried it. But I have heard that the SATA is better.

Im using the Intel chipset now cause I got raptors and everything is working really well.. I had raid with 2 WD 7200 SE hdd with the via chipset and they worked well too but no were near my new setup.

I take it that's because the raptors are faster than the WD and nothing to with the Via controllers re the IC5

I've tested SATA Raid in a machine I built. No real difference, in anything but preformance. In benchmarks, SATA got higher...

they say its faster... ide is udma ultra 133, sata is 150....

being 150 doesn't make a difference... it has something to do with the way the info is "prepared" inside the disc to the output, i think the sata patern is faster to write than the parallel one... but i'm not sure on this... and about price, they're priced around the same, so IF you're gonna buy NOW... buy SATA, but it's not worth it to buy new ones just to make the IDE->SATA change.

150 doesnt make a difference? doubt it, y would they make ata150 and name it different after ata133? doubt it...

Back