• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nightingale

I was putting some Artic Silver 5 on my P4 chip and then when I went to attach the stock cooler back on after a little lapping I busted one of the attach points on the motherboard mounting bracket(the piece that comes with the motherboard). Right now I used a large rubber band to secure it and to take up the slack and help cool the processor I also wedged a case fan on top of the heatsink. Its a P4PE and I was wondering if I can get a new bracket or I should just go out and get that new Abit IC7-max3 with overnight air shipping so it comes tomorrow. My temps aren't to bad considering that its a rubber band they are right around 41C idle up from the usual 35-39.

well I am going to water cool but I was going to wait until I got a mill to make it. At this point though I think I may just go and buy an RBX and say screw it. Then if I ever get around to making one I will just use this as a backup or when I get around to building a second pc.

broke one off?
out of 6 right? (i own amd, so i donno, lol) (also is it the zif socket, or the mounting stuff that comes with intels?)
u should worry about it as long as u got a couple of brackets left on both side, the heatsink will hold. no need for a rubber band either lol

Well I just decided to go ahead and go water cooling. I think its a sign from the overclocking gods:D There is only one problem I am having and its which water block to get. I am looking at the RBX or the Maze 4.

zebkoolindc said:
KornDog
the board is a P4pe that is an intel board
Knew that, was just wondering what kind of mounting stuff came with it, the only p4 i got was a 423socket.. lol

Nightingale said:
Well I just decided to go ahead and go water cooling. I think its a sign from the overclocking gods:D There is only one problem I am having and its which water block to get. I am looking at the RBX or the Maze 4.

good choice, i personaly don't like dangerden in general, but maze 4 and rbx seem like good blocks.
personally i would rather go with a d-tek kits..

Yeah I would get a white water but dangerden is a little cheaper and I need to get a few other basic things. I already have tubing,fittings,zip ties, and a pump. I need to get water block(either maze 4 or rbx), zerex,fan shroud,heatercore, and fan.

Back