• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my fans running slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Goronmon-

After checking my BIOS it seems as though the CPU fan is running at 2200 and the PSU fan is running at 1700...these seem a little slow to me...but considering this is the first system I have had where I could check the speed I have nothing to compare it to...

what fan is on the cpu? do you have the fan speed control funciton of the mobo enabled? the psu fan doesn't seem too slow. the cpu fan depends on what fan it is.

Its just the stock HSF, and the fan speed control is disabled...

Edit: And about the PSU fan, why are the numbers red, but if it goes about 1800 the numbers are normal?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS: Can we get some information on your rig ? It helps the more we know to help you better.See rig
in sig.:D You can add this info to your signiture in Edit Profile if you wish. THE FANMAN:cool:

Very nice.What temp. is your bios reading for the CPU? along with the fan speed. Is it cold in the room where the comp's located.Do
you have the stock HSF setup? Is the HS fan plugged into the mobo header? What type of case cooling do you have? THE FANMAN:cool:

After idling for a bit, the BIOS usually reads the CPU temp at 42c-44c. The fan speed is around 2200. The room is fairly cool, though I don't have a thermostat so I can't give an accurate number. Its stock HSF. The fan is plugged into the mobo. Cooling is just 2 80mm intakes on the front, the rear 80 mm fan blowing out and the PSU fan.

Alright, thanks, just wanted to check :)

Still wish the temps went down a little bit, I can't even get a minimal overclock outta this thing...

Edit: Should I try turning on the mobo fan control?

Well I would say thats normal for a stock setup.Thats where my rig ran,but higher in temp.It was summer time.Higher ambient temps.You could test the fan speeds by taking the side off and blowing a fan at it.The fan and temps should reduce in the bios,
if all is well.To go the other way to test wouldn't be safe IMHO.
THE FANMAN:cool:

So, I should probably wait until a get a new HSF in there before overclocking at all?

Last edited:
For sure Dood.Get the SP-94 HS from Thermalright. Get a good fan to go on it.Plan to learn how to wire the fan to the PSU or a fan controller instead of the mobo header.There is so much here to learn.You need to get your cooling and PSU in top shape before you OC.THE FANMAN:COOL:

Plan to learn how to wire the fan to the PSU or a fan controller instead of the mobo header.

You can do that? :eek:

Yeah, I guess I do have a lot to do...oh well, it still runs great stock :D

Back