• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9600pro and hardcore cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

I need to up the core on my 9600pro a few more mhz (from 525 to 540 hopefully) and want to know if a better cooler would do the job. By better cooler i mean a dragon orb 3 w/ 80mm fan instead of the crappy stock cooling i have on there now.

Normally I would not ask this kind of question and just do it but in the case of the 9600pro, the core already runs cooler than any other radeon out there. So the thought crossed my mind that a better cooler (except sub 0) would not really achieve much in the way of overclocking. please prove this thought wrong.

and if you could, please post any oc results that you have gotten with better coolers.

thanks

Last edited:
Hookem said:
Or maybe even 2 set's of these memory heat sinks from SVC\

http://www.svc.com//prbgarasof4.html

And one of these GPU coolers from ThermalFx

http://www.thermalfx.com/index.php?action=item&id=6&prevaction=category&previd=6&prevstart=0

I know the Zalman's do not allow you to install memory heat sinks...So they got X'ed off my list of possible cooling solutions for my video cards...Gotta check out this Artic Cooling....:)

The Arctic Cooling VGA silence allows ramsinks, is quiet even at high speed and cools excellent. :)

Well Silversinksam I had to give him something to do till the calvary showed.You do have that Bidirectonal fan dont you?
How bout hanging it on a Vcard? :) THE FANMAN:cool:

archilochus said:
Well Silversinksam I had to give him something to do till the calvary showed.You do have that Bidirectonal fan dont you?
How bout hanging it on a Vcard? :) THE FANMAN:cool:

Yes sir, It's a counter rotatating 10,500rpm 50mm x 40mm JMC fan, I would use it on my Video card, but alas I use a Maze4GPU waterblock.

Picture_009.jpg

I did buy a Arctic Cooling VGA silencer from SVC, had to say I tried it, and its about the best VGA cooler for ATI cards on the market. Naturally an IU cooler like a Cooljag is a great solution as well, but that requires modification. The Arctic Cooling VGA silencer can be installed in 5 minutes and simply is a fantastic option.

Back