• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon MP's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niatross1

I remember back oh 18 months or so MP's were always unlocked. I realize they are more expensive than XP's but the 2800's are barton core and I was wondering if they were still unlocked. Just curious

That is a good, wuestion, I don't know the answer myself, but anyone witha recent MP please post. if your chip came locked, or unlocked.
-Ir0nman

These should still be unlocked, although they will most likely be of older weeks as they don't sell so much MPs as they do XPs, and I'm not too sure if the extra price really justifies an unlocked multi. with multi locked at x11 its almost the optimal multi for these chips as you can max out both chip, ram and mobo with that multi

MPs price drops???

Since all the newer Bartons and other chips are now coming factory locked then why not go with the MPs? The prices aren't that much higher than XPs and Bartons. Although there arent alot of postings for OC's on MP naturally but what is the alternative. Seems as if AMD is forgetting about their customer base and over reacting to their slight increase in margins. I still wonder if they think they will ever reach the black as far as their stock goes. Just my two cents.

Why would anyone bother with an MP when the Mobile Bartons are both unlocked and are much better OCers than any desktop barton we've seen to date?

my brother in law is looking a building a Dual 2800 mp , right now it's on hold as hes on the rad till the end of the month and my sister's computer died. hopefully he still build's it soon. ill post it when hes gets it

none, just the mobiles are cherry picked, as they must operate at over 1.8GHz and 1.25v 100% stable.

Back