• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey Guys,

I just got home from fry's with my new toy. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the stepping on this chip....i.e. unlocked? overclocking?

DHD1800DLV1C T588062270705
MIUHB 0329UPMW

Any comments?? I can't wait to start overclocking! Got a shuttle AN35N 400 also for 50 bucks. This setup cost me 110 dollars, so we will see how it goes!

-Collin-

Its a JIUHB of Durons, you can easily unlock the rest of the cache and overclock to pretty much same speed of your XP1800+.

For cache unlock, take conductive paint/ink/whatever, scrape the dimm dots between the last (and its cut) L2 bridge till you see the copper, clean it up with some alcohol and just do a U-loop around the cut to connect the 2 dots, most likely you'll get your cache back and have a fully functioning TbredB JIUHB DLT3C

Well, that sounds like a plan. So, on my thornton, I had to fill the pit with some NON conductive paint, then trace over it with conductive paint. Should I just simply go AROUND this one?

-Collin-

Yep as its the last bridge you can just go around the pit, but on the thorton AFAIK its the second bridge so you can't really go around the pit. You can fill the pit too, but going around it is just quicker and works just as well

One last question before I start....I heard that some durons refuse to run with the cache unlocked. My question is that if I unlock the cache, and the processor does not work properly, can I remove the paint and restore it to its orignal state with no problems? Thanks for the help.... you're the coolest :)

-Collin-

OK, well I just got it set up. So far so good. I decided not to unlock it yet...I wanted to note the benchmarks before and after to see what difference the cache makes. As far as overclocking, I can give some numbers here.

After burning in, I was able to get my processor to run at 170x13.5. Temps are 35 idle and 42 load. Vcore is set at 1.6!!!! I was pretty impressed that this chip could do this speed at such little voltage. I am sure it could go higher, but I am using a thermaltake silent boost heatsink, so it is silent! I love it. Also, it was able to do 200x11 easily, but I have pc2700, so there is not point in running a 200fsb...id rather run in sync with mem. Anyway, very impressed so far with durons. The sandra tests are on par with all the other amd processors, but I know that is not the case with gaming. Anyway......I'd love to hear some comments and suggestions!

-Collin-

Brown duron 1800 purple core

Dhd1800 dlv1c t588052251463
miuhb 0329upmw

bought this duron a few days ago used a 0.5 mm hb pencil filled up the l2 gap and drew a line to end dots 4th from left now it boots up as a xp atlon 2200 with cache enabled

Back