• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

budget Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ross2280

Registered
Just to mention that with an $80 albatron mobo, noname ddr at 266mhz, and an coolermaster aero 4, and 2 case fans, i am now running very stable at 3.35 ghz cpu (with a 2.8c), and a 320mhz ddr clock.
Full load temps are max 53 with the hsf at medium speed, and 50 at max speed.
Idle temps are 41-43 with all fans running at their lowest rpm's (around 1600), and virtually no noise at all...

Very nice results. I assume it is a Intel based rig. Are the load temps going to be a issue in the hotter part of the year? Thermalright has some excellant HS products if you need more cooling in the future. www.thermalright.com .Keep your flow up & temps down, THE FANMAN:cool:

Well my case temp at the moment is at the mid 30's so i dont think raising temps would make much difference, and anyway thats what a/c is for during the summer...

I was thinking of the top end thermalright hs for the p4, but i'm a bit low on money at the moment so we'll see how it goes. I was also thinking of trying to fix the blower from the aero 4 on the the thermalright heatsink, since blowers seem to have less noise than those tornado's... I'll see if Santa can do something for that this xmas.

What do you think of the albatron mobo? I am looking at one that seem like a great deal for the price..... but....are they any good?

I have the PX848PV/Pro. It has 5.1 sound, lan, and a pretty easy to overclock bios. The only thing missing on mine is the ability to change the voltage through the bios, but i'm not too worried about that at the moment.
Mine uses the intel848P chipset. So far it seems pretty good. It never complained when i accidentally allowed too much mhz to run through all components, and anyway, it seems pretty good so far considering the price payed.
It has all thos little features like switch on from keyboard, usb keyboard, lan wake, it reboots and resets if it judges that you'll probably burn everything with your settings, e.t.c... I'm not so sure about the temp readings so far, but i'll see how it goes.
The quality is pretty good too, quite well made.
If you're on a budget, i dont see why you wouldnt buy one.

Back