• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help, which RAM for 3.0c ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HyperCube

Registered
Hi,

please, I realy need your help. I have P4 3.0c and Asus P4C800-E deluxe. And i don´t know, which memory is the best for me. I am planing overclock minimum at @3.5 = DDR 466

I was look at the forum, and I have finded this:

-- OCZ pc3700 GOLD ?
-- OCZ pc3500 Platinum ?
-- Mushkin PC-3500 Level 2
-- others???????

Iam from Europe, and I cannot find any shop which sells Buffalos RAMs. And I want to use DualChannel. (2x256 or 2x512)

Thank a lot, it is too urgent!

lesse...
OC to a minimum of 233mhz,
Dual Channel prefered...

well...it depends on how much money you got, and how much you want to have better performance, you can get pc3200 and use a 5:4 RAm ratio...
or you can get pc3700 and see if you can get some timings out of it, or pc3500........

from your list, id advize the mushkin lvl2 ram, since it is guaranteed BH-5 chips...

how far do you want to go with the OC?

Quote: how far do you want to go with the OC?

I don´ t know, I have All compnents to new PC, except memory..
My CPU cooler is Zalman7000-Cu, and 7x 8cm Papst (regulated)

I hope @3.6 or highter..

Quote: and how much you want to have better performance

Abot money, i think i can spend about 200 EUR on it, but this is the real maximum, cheaper RAMs is REAL welcomed

Its ram:fsb -- 1:1 the best?

Mushkin black lvl2 PC3500.

Guaranteed BH-5s, can hold a 1:1 ratio at a high fsb with some amazing timings..

Thank you for your help, and what about some Corsairs or HyperX ? This memory is not for me? Or Mushkin lvl2 is better?

I have the same mobo and CPU as you and I just got a gig of Corsair XMS 3500C2 from NewEgg today. Needless to say, I think it's the option for my particular setup.

Back