• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS5 Settling phase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-overkill

I read a thread earlier about AS5 needing some thermal cycling to help it settle. I've been running my comp 24/7 for a while now and the temp only dropped 1C from initial applicaion of AS5. However, I was running 2 instances of folding 24/7. What I recently did was right a program that will start folding and run it for 30 min, then stop folding for 30 min. I did this for about 24 hrs now and I do notice my temps at full load has dropped a couple degrees. I'll leave it running for a week to see what happens.

Are you comparing load or idle temps from before and after?

If theres a difference, it should be more noticeable under load I would think.

IMOG said:
Are you comparing load or idle temps from before and after?

If theres a difference, it should be more noticeable under load I would think.

I'm only comparing temp under load. Since you comp will be running 24/7 @100% load anyways.

It takes up to 200 hours for Arctic Silver 5 to settle, since your rig is on 24/7 shut it down and let it cool a few times to help the process since thermal cycling helps. Also jiggling the heatsink gently cuts down the break in time significantly :cool:

Back