• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jet 4 vs Zalman 7000 alcu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritalin

Just wondering what you guys thought was better between those two for socket 478!
Thx
Ritalin
PS: and yes i know it's not as good as the thermalright but please stick to the topic :)

Jet 4 looks cooler :D

Other than thay, I havent had any experience with either of those, and have yet to find a comparison, i'm looking tho!

Edit: Ok i was just looking through the forum, and the overall opinion about the jet is rather low, ppl like its looks,but its performance is subpar, go with the larger and more effective zalman, sry i cant give u links

Last edited:
right now i run tha t zalman 7000 Cu on 1 amd setup and 1 p4 setup and the 7000 ALCU on another p4 setup, both p4 setups are the same, same case, both have asus p4c800 e MB with p4c3.0ghz (at stock) 512 megs of ram(2x256), 2 wd SE 120 gig drives on a promis card(not using onboard raid) and a zalman cooled ti4800 video card. and they are both in the same part of the room and both run winXP (legal copys) and have 2 instances of F@H running, and the ALCU keeps up with the CU (both cpu temps with in 2c at all times from asus monitoring program)

dagamore said:
right now i run tha t zalman 7000 Cu on 1 amd setup and 1 p4 setup and the 7000 ALCU on another p4 setup, both p4 setups are the same, same case, both have asus p4c800 e MB with p4c3.0ghz (at stock) 512 megs of ram(2x256), 2 wd SE 120 gig drives on a promis card(not using onboard raid) and a zalman cooled ti4800 video card. and they are both in the same part of the room and both run winXP (legal copys) and have 2 instances of F@H running, and the ALCU keeps up with the CU (both cpu temps with in 2c at all times from asus monitoring program)

duh! hes not asking for a comparision of 7000cu and 7000alcu. LOL

I would go for zalman as its damn quite yet good performance.

MameXP said:

hehe, yea the zalman will kill the jet 4

cool thx guys, cuz i have to find a shop that will ship a sp-94 to israel but for xmas i plan on getting a decent "cheaper" cooler while im looking for the sp-94, i guess zalman it shall be.

MameXP said:

'

Bite me flame boy!:mad:

I did not assume that he was, nor did i reply to it as if he was, what i did was relate first hand expreiance with one of the HSF he is looking at, in relation to another HSF i have experiance with. It was not to compare the to, but to show that either one of them was performing great, and at low noise. I guess i should have stated that, in my first post, but i though that others here would be able to see what i was saying with out drawing out little pictures. I guess thats what i get for assuming that others on the forum have an above room temp IQ.:rolleyes:

dagamore said:

'

Bite me flame boy!:mad:

I did not assume that he was, nor did i reply to it as if he was, what i did was relate first hand expreiance with one of the HSF he is looking at, in relation to another HSF i have experiance with. It was not to compare the to, but to show that either one of them was performing great, and at low noise. I guess i should have stated that, in my first post, but i though that others here would be able to see what i was saying with out drawing out little pictures. I guess thats what i get for assuming that others on the forum have an above room temp IQ.:rolleyes:

whoa, chill out man. but i do have to ask how that helps answer his question. and this is NOT a flame.

they 'cheaper' cooler is only like $10-20 less...a complete waste unless you have another machine that could use it

I have the Zalman and it works great as long as the case temp is not too high.

I'd put the jet 4 on top of the case to get some outside air in and then see if it can move the case!!

dagamore, YGPM about that :cool:

Ah from dagamore's experience, i think you should get 7000cu. Why not go for all copper? :)

Ritalin, one thing b4 you buying that zalman. ITS HUGE! please check Zalman web site for mobo compatiblity. If you overclock, make sure put fan running in normal mode.

You wont regret this. THe HSF is very quite and it still leave you rooms for overclocking.

Back