• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need better 2d speed... no joke!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

I'm really peed owwfff that this guy with a laptop is much faster then me in some 2d games..

his laptop:
2200+ cpu
256mb ram - duno what type, its different for laptops?
geforce4 mx 440 graphics
connection ping time = 60-70

my rig:
2500+ o/c 200x11
rest in sig..

connection ping time = 50-55

Ok, I've outclassed him in everyway... but why is he still faster then me?
what do i need to do for faster 2d speed?

Perhaps even being a slower 3D video card, the Nvidia might be faster at 2d than your 9800.

JDXNC said:
Perhaps even being a slower 3D video card, the Nvidia might be faster at 2d than your 9800.

dude lol, i tried a geforce2 mx 400 card, they supposed to have great 2d engines, yet i still get owned =/

anymore suggestions?

Maybe he is just better than you? It's hard to adjust gaming to delays(ping). I'm use to <10(lan) ping. Playing UT on net with 100 ping is hard... Have to adjust...

Maybe he's just better than you?

In that case all the best hardware in the world won't make much of a difference. Back in the good old days of Doom, I had a brand new P-90 and my friend was using an old 486 and he kept spanking me at deathmatch, until we played enough that I got better than him that is. :)

Practice is everything in gaming.

If you're judging by the ping, then you are faster than he is, the lower the ping the better. I think there's no 2D that can really tax any system out right now, there's no key at being faster at 2D, period, you're already so fast that you're too fast. If he's beating you that doesn't mean his rig is faster, if your ping is lower that means your connection is faster to the server. If you could track your FPS in a 2D game you would've been blown away

2D???? try an old ATI card... a Rage128 xpert maybe? just kidding, come on - why strive for 2d performance in this day and age? practice until he weeps at your game playing superiority...
and remember he cant really OC (altho I have OC'd a Celeron laptop with great success)

I would imagine that your 2d speed is more than fast enough to play the game smoothly at high resoloution. If it isn't it may be a driver or OS issue. How are you comparing speed, anyway?

Back