• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling a 1.8 celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vanillasky

Registered
well, as you guys can see, i'm new around these parts... anyways, to the topic of this thread...

i run an emachines (yeah, i know) T1842 with 128 megs of pc2100 and the 1.8ghz celeron... i downloaded MBM 5, and according to it's info, i'm running 70 degrees at full load... it stays stable, but that's just too hot for my likings... so, what i want is a decent air cooling system that won't cost more than about $100... and i'm figuring i might as well replace my case, too, as all of it's bays are full and i need more room, so please recommend a decent case for me, too... i don't need a PSU, just the case... i'm willing to spend $60 at the maximum for a case

fire suggestions my way... thanks in advance

Any thermalright heatsink, and a panaflo fan will be plenty of cooling.

I can't recommend a case because I am no case expert :D

you might get better respones from the case section.

Be carful emachines are propiety units and do not need to fall under current engineering standerds. in short it might not mount in a standerd PC case. But it is amazing that your cpu gets that fricken hot. the reason is that there is not enough airflow throughout the case itself. This is the main reason and need repeated.

Air flow in the e-machine case SUCKS EGGS. I mean it! i work in at applebee's and when they break open those eggs we open all the doors because servers be just passing out right there in the kitchen. that is how bad overall airflow is. I have seen it many MAJOR PC brands such as sonys (UCK!!) do this drill a hole in the side of the case and mount a intake fan. 80mm or 92mm Space permiting make TWO holes and an exust on top. NOw all it cost is a few hours of time and 3 fans. Dont waste the $$ on a case enless you really want to all out and mod the stink out of it. chrome paint with zebra stripes. don't for get to make one side with shap carpeting. o baby call the girls up we are playing a new PC game on my shag-o-PC.

off to the flip side, the deep end of the pool is better for diving. life needs to be lived that way, always going diving.

well, i've already painted this case... looks pretty good... i did add an intake fan (and i'm using the PSU's fan as exhaust), but it's just not cutting it... for the time being, i think i'll just cut the stamped "grilles" out for better flow... i may even do a window and duct in some cooler air to my heatsink... man, i'm glad websites like this exist

Back