• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory and psu mod.....OCZ is Cooking!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sp00L

I just finished doing the psu mod as shown here:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/guides/psu_3.3v_mod/psu_3.3v_mod_pg1.html

Stock, my 3.3v rail was 3.325. After modding, I set the 3.3 rail to 3.505. Booted up and measured my vdimm and set it to 3.205. Under load of continuous loops of memtest86 test #5, vdimm drooped to 3.167 but stable. Before the mod, 3.1 would drop to 3.05. Before the mod I couldn't complete 5 loops @2-2-2-6 without errors. Now I've completed 25+ loops @2-2-2-6.

The mod definitely works and the OCZ's are chewing up the volts at tight timings. The sticks are rather warm to the touch, toasty is more like it.

The P4C800-E and 2 simple volt mods really make my dust covered IC7-MAX3 look like an even bigger waste of money. We live and learn.

crimedog said:
just curious why you're running such a relatively low fsb?

nice timings for ddr450 though

was going to ask you the same, your chip could probably oc higher.

nice work on the 3.3 rail mod.:)

230 isn't stable dual primes.....I'm tweaking now to see how if I can get it there. Plus, I'm only on air. I'm going to try and volt mod my max3 cuz it has more stable vcore.

This chip has always been stuck at 225 FSB, it's just average.

I'm running prime95 now at 230 1:1 @2-2-2-6. So far so good. I upped the vcore to 1.585 in the bios for a load reading of 1.552. I also upped the cpu fan to max rpm's of 5273 so it should be running a bit cooler. I think 3.7G is the max but I can clockgen to 242 for 3.872, but it won't boot to that although it can beench there. It'll eventually reboot after 15 minutes.

3.68 isn't too bad at all if it holds stable.

Back