• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highly rated ram can't run at stock speeds.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

My dad bought 2x256mb of buffalo technology pc3200 with windbond ch-5 chips. I was running it at 205mhz but it got errors even at 11-5-5-3. I set it to 195 with same timings and I get the same results: a lot of memory errors. The votlage is at 2.7, the highest my motherboard gives. A lot of games and benchmarks mess up though. Any ideas?

You get errors on what programs? Use memtest86.

If memtest reports errors at defualt speed and overvoltage, you should return the memory, assuming the CPU and motherboard are at stock.

Oh, its the timings that result in errors? I was using prime95

Run a CAS Latency of 2.5, a TRCD timing of 3, a TRP timing of 3, and a TRAS timing of 8. 2.5-3-3-8, then have voltage set to 2.7V. Then turn off any GAT/PAT settings. Test with both in.

Then take one out, and test it. Then put the one you took out back in and take the other out, and test it. Also use AIDA32 or another program, and check what voltage your DIMM is reading as (it may be lower then 2.65V).

I agree with what speed said. That is a good way to narrow down the issue. I had a similar issue with my Corsair 512. Had two of them and finally found that both of them worked fine if it was the only one installed but install both at the same time and problems would crop up no matter what timings or FSB were being used.

Back