• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK 900A vs SP 97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Last edited:
yea i agree with archilochus, as usuall since he is "THE FANMAN" :) the sp97 will spank the 900A

If I had choice and money I would defintaly go with the 97. I just bought the 947U before this came out. It does slightly better than the 900A. So the 97 should even better that.

On that German/Dutch/Whatever page, the last paragraph is in English, it kind of sums up what the rest of the mystery language review says.

I dont like the bracket that goes underneeth the motherboard. The SP 97 uses that. I just like the clip on like the 900A

yeh but the bracket is much more secure, especially sence the slk's are such heavy heatsinks. The clips have problems with being as secure when you move your computer around.

my computer ain't going anywhere. It's been standing next to my desk for many many years :)

If you dont want to invest the time and money for an excellent HS,
you'll need to get the clip-on.But don't expect great returns on your investment!One advantage is being able to put a 80 or 92mm fan on the HS.To get the mass reqiured for superior cooling you have to support the HS.Thats why the X plate is required on the back of the mobo.This is serious air cooling. THE FANMAN:cool:

Last edited:
kfunk said:
my computer ain't going anywhere. It's been standing next to my desk for many many years :)

even if u are not moving it...the clips just arent "heavy-duty" enuff for holding a heavy-@zz copper cooler w/ heat-pipes onto ur mobo safely..the bracket is much more secure, just a bit more inconvenient...

I picked up one of the SP-97s, it is doing a wonderful job and I only have a 92mm Panaflo M1A blowing on it. The settings in my sig are only temporary as I'm testing higher as I type and my temps haven't gone over 45C load yet. It may be pricey at the moment but it is wonderful.

For mounting I switched to the 4 holes mounting a while back and will never use the tabs again. It's much more secure, especially since they are heavy for a hs.

Back