• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron 900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hi guys. What's the best clock you guys have ever gotten out of this chip? Also does anyone remember the name of the program that allows you to overclock in Windows and not in the BIOS where you can up the volts, change multipliers and fsb? thanks.

duron

Had a duron 800 once had it up to 950 using the pencil trick but my board had cpu multiplier options .

There's only a program that lets you change the FSB on the fly, there's no way to change multiplier/voltage when in windows
I'm not sure how they're called, but you can do a search on google for FSB overclocking in windows

Ok thanks. Has anyone had any experiences with a 900 though? I'm really looking forward to what i can do with it. Maybe if i update my bios, they'll have some more overclocking options for me. =/

What motherboard are you running the CPU in?
I've got my Duron 900 to almost 1.1GHz when I had it running.

Well, if you can change the fsb only on that MB (my guess), then I would think that 125 fsb would be possible. If I recall, you pencil in the pencil in the L7's for voltage. Take it up to 1.85, and see what it will do...

I used to have 850 and 750 Durons, and they did pretty well. One 750 did 1Ghz (133 fsb) no problem.

*Also, that program that lets you change the fsb in windows is called CPUFSB.

Actually The Coolest, there IS a program that will allow you to adjust voltage from within windows as well. I don't know if it will work on every board or not as it came with this Biostar board, but it is a little program called Warpspeeder. You can see a link to what it does HERE

Seemed to work while I was playing with it hehe. Anyhow, thought you might like to know about it :)

I have a Duron 900 and i can run it at 1100 all day long(stable) stock vcore stock multi. i see alot of these get to 1100 but not much more w/ out jacking w/ the multi. and vcore anything over 122 fsb and all hell breaks loose errors blue screens:p

Update: I've L7 Vmoded to 1.88 now and hit a whopass 1260@140x9:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks, I couldn't believe it when i vmodded it and decided to boot from 133 and it worked:p

2nd highest clocked 900 on database

Back