• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pretender

I recently bought a new watercooling system and an xp 2500+. I already had kingston ddr 400 and a geforce 4 ti 4600..

Now my problem is that my mobo temperature is 35° idle.. I think this is pretty warm. Especially because my cpu temp is 28°. I have my fsb on 185 now and it seems to be stable, but I want my fsb on 200 and the multiplier on 11... When I do that my comp is unstable and crashes.. I think this is, because my motherboard temp is too high..

ooh yeah, my mobo is rev 1. xx

I have an asus a7n8x non delux rev 1.

I've seen others with a staidy temp of 24 ° celsius and they had a fsb of 200..

I have that board in the Deluxe v.2.
Have you looked into updating the BIOS?

With lesser grade memory I can easily hit a FSB of 200 with memory at 100% and the multiplier at 11.5...

what do you mean with a lesser grade of memory?? Where can I change it in bios??

there are more things than the CPU/GPU that create heat...

cool the mosfets can give more stability, RAM can also create heat... i think you need better airflow besides the WC

Pretender said:
I have an asus a7n8x non delux rev 1.

I've seen others with a staidy temp of 24 ° celsius and they had a fsb of 200..

My FSB is 220, and I've seen my case temp at 17° Celsius...when I'm piping in 10°C air from outside. It all depends on case airflow and ambient temps. I'd say you have nothing to be worried about...however, if you're not checking temps from BIOS, I'd make sure your software is reading the right sensors.

What Vcore are you running? I'd say you need to up your Vcore. That RAM sould be fine at 200Mhz, my DDR400 is fine at 440.

Back