• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd thornton 2400+ question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizman

Registered
i have just perchased a used 2400 and have been reading the posts on unlocking then thorntons. i've been checking the model ans serial numbers but mine has an older production date, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do to this cpu.

the numbers are, axda2400dkv3c , does this mean it's a barton core with 256 l2 cacha ? the next set is , aiucb0244rpaw , i know that the 0244 is week 44 of 2002. of all the posts i've read noone was spoke of the 2002 model year is the anything i can do to this cpu to improve performance ? thanks for your help.

wiz.

thanks for the reply, i have been looking for the q chip with 0339 for a wile but no luck. also sorry about the post location, thought i put in amd cpu section :eek: thanks again

wiz

Wizman, I've got the same CPU as you. Why are there so few of us with that chip? I'm kinda worried.

I'd like to follow your overclocking experience. Please keep us informed. (I'm brand new to OCing and have only been water cooling for about 6 weeks.)

For reference, I'm stable at 200MHz x 11 @ 1.725 Vcore.
Chipset Voltage up a little from stock at 1.7.
Memory is not that great so I haven't touched it yet.
I'm using the Abit NF7-s board with my AMD 2400+

Also, nice avatar. Portnoy is an awesome drummer in my all-time favorite band. You're officially on my coolguy list.

-Fortune.

to fortune

hey fortune sorry i havent replyed lately, been to damn buisy at work this week. i've been a drummer for years and portny is one of my influances. i also have noticed that not alot of people are using this chip, why don't know. mine is much faster than my old 1800+, and i had it unlocked and could use any multiplyer i whanted as long as i didn't go too high on f.s.b. i ran it at 10,10.5,11,11.5,12,12.5 but the fastest i ever had it was 1899 mhz, it was 1533mhz stock. i think i could have gotten better if i understood ram timming alittle better. i gave up on it for awhile and missed the boat on the 2400q chips. would love to find one so i could mod my mobo and have 333mhz ram and 333mhz cpu.

well getting late feal free to pm me anytime dude later.

wiz

Back