• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats The Ideal Temperature for my Barton 2500 @ 3200 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidbla

Registered
Hi, Need to know exactly how much can my Barton support, because i think that is in high temperatures..

At Idle is:
System= Cº37
CPU= Cº50.5
At High:
Not yet tested. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

usually i think an idle of 40C is bad, and 50C is asking for problems. I suggest you resit your heatsink (im guessing stock) clear off the thermal paste/pad that is on it now, and put some as3 on there. The stock sink actually isnt too bad. However, i would recommend buying a slk-900A and a 80mm tornado with a fan controller to help with the noise.

I had recently TBred 2400 oced to 200x10.5, NF7-S v2, BIOS 1.9, Spire big cooler (Whisperrock III with 2800rpm fan). My temps were 47C idle, 59 max.
Now I have AN7 with barton 2500 at 200x10.5 with similar to above Coolermaster HSF and temps are 50 idle/61 load. Not sure if this is right or not, but temperatures on these boards are calibrated to AMD temps (max = 90C). Under load my heatsink is warm, not hot, so I think it's not bad.
Anyway, if you want to compare you have to find someone with exactly the same mobo and bios, otherwise all numbers are useless.

Thanks for your tip!! :cool:

Just to have in mind that at this moment im not using a stock heatsink, it's an AeroFlow VA4-C7040 i know its good! but other things to have in mind is the weather!, at this moment is to heavy to hot, and thats definitively bothering my temps...::(

Soon i will test my system to see how much hot is generated! :mad:

See u soon Guys!!

Thanks for your answers!

About the case coolers, i'm on it! Soon i will buy 3 or 4 coolers.. to downgrade the temps. (what coolers do u recomend guys for my case?).

Ahh, going back to my CPU Barton 2500 @ 3200, a good temp at full load can be Cº50 ?? How much heit can the core support?

Thanks!

No, a good temp at full load is 40C. An acceptable temp is 50C. In theory, the core will survive to around 90C, but long before that, its overclockability will start to suffer. The bottom line is the cooler the better. Most of us exist somewhere in between 40 and 60C, depending upon the depth of our pockets.

Hoot

Thanks Y'all for the help! ;)

Something to have in mind to, well at this moment my cpu is running at 200*10 = 2 Ghz. I did this because the temps...
and in my bios configs, are:
CPU Core Voltage: 1.675
DDR SDRAM Voltage: 2.7
Chipset Voltage: 1.7

Memory Timings: Expert
Row Active: 11
Ras to Cas: 3
Ras Precharge: 3
Cas Latency: 2.5

At this point after 20 Min of Torture Test in Prime95 my temps are:
System:40 Cº
CPU:52 Cº

At Idle:
System: 34 Cº
CPU: 45.5 Cº

Other thing.... My case have 1 intake and 3 out!
Let say that u are looking the case in front of u, the coolers are placed: 1 in the left panel, is in the center at the end of the panel, other at the back of the case and another one is on top and finaly the PSU! :p

Soon i will add what i just told to u guys!! more great UV Fans

Thanks

Back