• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vcore question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister1234

if i put maybe 200 x 12 or if i put 220 x 10,will the cpu need the same vcore? i m asking,because i dont wanted to up the vcore over 1,9 volts,and i havent enough time,for 12 h prime running in highest priority...

In my experiments the past two weeks, what I have seen is that as you raise the FSB at the processor, you need to bump up the Vcore a little bit more than the pure speed would imply. While I can run 11.5x200 at 1.75Vcore, everything else remaining the same, at 11x210, it takes 1.775 for truly stable operation. At 10x230 it took me 1.80Vcore for the same stability. It's probably not outside what is to be expected. These results are anecdotal to my particular hardware compliment and it is probably different for someone else. At the upper end of what is achievable, nuances become critical factors.

Hoot

I must say that that's very interesting... I don't believe I've ever had to change my core voltage along with front side bus changes. Just goes to show how important it is to stress test every configuration.

Back