• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Locked ? Athlon 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent_Mull

I cant find anywhere in my bios to change the multiplier. I was wondering if there is any way to tell if it is locked or not.

Gigabyte Official web site > Find a manual for your GA-N7400 to see how and where multipliers are changed.

2400+ is locked only if it's a new Thorton 2400+ made after week 39 or so. Thorton 2400+ has second letter of the stepping code being 'Q'.

The stepping code is on a black sticker next to the CPU core itself.

Also, im confused on what you do when you unlock a cpu. do you connect the pins w/ a conductive material, or do you insulate the pins w/ a nonconductive material?

also could i use Silver thermalpaste to connect the bridges?

Last edited:
You need to post your CPU code Agent_Mull to get meaningful help.

We're just guessing here, but if your have 2400+ T-Bred B, they're factory unlocked. If you have an old 2400+ Thorton, they're factory unlocked.

If it's a new post week 39 Thorton and it's locked those can't be unlocked.

The wire tricks yuo post are for mobos that can't post certain multipliers, they don't unlock already locked new 2400+ Thortons if that's what you have.

AXDX2400DKV3C 942274620181
AIUHB 0304VPBW

Ive already established that its a week 4. But i still cant find where to change the multiplier.
Maybe i need a new bios??

Might be that your board doesn't allow you to change it, check your manual for it if you have one, or check thier site.

Your CPU is NOT locked.

Back