• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ stability question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I had my 1800+ at 200x10 at 1.5v for awhile now it was prime stable and would finish 3dmark01 nicely. I tried upping it to 2.2 and added abit more voltage didnt even break 1.6v, 2.2 didnt post so i reset cmos. after i resest i tried going back to 200x10 it boots but not stable wont even finish the lobby of 3dmark i cant understand it please help.

i had it enabled but now i cant get it stable back to where i had it any suggestions?

just curious here, i had the same trouble with my board....mine refuses to do 200FSB, it will do any setting other than 200FSB. i can do 100-199, and 201-220 no problem, up your VDD to 1.7V, VDIMM to 2.9V, and set your timings aggressively. try your FSB at 220 and your multi at 10. thats how i found out mine wouldnt do 200FSB. im running rock stable right now at 217FSB. you got that PC3500 there and its not running at its full potential. crank up the juice brother, let that RAM do its magic.

im new to ocing and thinking if my stock PSU on the xdreamer can handel the overclock. I have the potential i just wish i had a smarter overclocker infront of this pc lol! I think after i lap my silent boost itll be better also so you tell me what u would do with this setup.

you have a kick *** setup for OCing. your hyper X may be blessed with the almighty winbond BH-5 chips, which love aggressive timings at high voltage. your cooling looks like its up to task as well, and you have the right board for it. give it shot, and let me know how it goes.

im in xp now on 210x10 @ 1.57v. memory at 2.5 3 3 8 @2.7v. 35C ideal gotta test stabilty now.

you should see ~2300MHz+ with your setup. once its stable where youre at, try for 220FSB. dont be scared to crank the VDIMM to 2.9V and the VDD to 1.7V, your system will handle it no problem. BTW try 220 @ 2-3-3-11 @ 2.9V. if its stable then, try 2-2-2-11.

just tried 3dmark on what i had it at and it shut down 3dmark at the high detail lobby part, ill try your thoughts now

tried all of that to get 2.3ghz posted but didnt boot gave me some error, i really think its the Psu holding me back big time.

i tried 10x220 and it booted but it didnt run 3dmark at all. I had it at 1.65v, 2.9memv, and 1.7v chipset. I dont really no why its unstable but when i check winbond at 166x11.5 it says my 12v rails at 11.7-11.8. and my 5v is at 4.5v can this be the problem? My generic aspire case PSU?

Hey i had a weird problem like that too but it was with ram.
i had a XP1700 @10x200 vcore 1.525 for the longest time. The problem was with my 2x512mbs Corsair pc3200. The system acted stable but would get errors in prime 95 after 5 hours.
Once i was playing a game my system reboot with the pc speaker going crazy. So i reset my bios and my computer would not boot up with 10x200 anymore. So i took out one stick of ram and its be fine ever since. Back to 10x200 1.525vcore -1 stick 512megs damn it.

with my setup what would u do to the Ram/FSB ratio? and the CPU interface, enable or disable? thanks for the help so far guys

if youre running a 10x multi, id enable CPU interface....i have it enabled on mine and im at 217x10 right now. it isnt stable when its disabled. with nF2....ALWAYS run your RAM in synch, youll take a big performance hit if you dont.

i booted on 217x10 @ 1.67 6/6 finished 3dmark and sandra but didnt even run prime at all so thats not good. Just flashed to new bios u think the new 20 bios is better? I got to 133x15 mem 6 2 2 2. at 1.5v and was stable but 200x10 didnt even post im not getting it! lol im frustrated i had it at [email protected] before i shoudlnt messed with it.

whats your VDIMM at? and what are your memory timings? mine is running 10x217 on 1.6V. you should also crank your VDD to 1.7V. i would run my VDIMM at 2.9V, because in alot of cases the hyper X PC 3500 has the kick *** winbond BH5 chips in it, which like high voltage to get a good FSB on tighter timings. im using BIOS 18 right now, ive never tried 20 yet, but i may. BTW, whats the exact stepping of your CPU?

memory was at 8 3 3 2@ 1.7 vdimm. 2.9vdd. and 1.6vcore. the stepping is JIUHB:0311MPMW . I heard something about installing windows with APIC disabled under bios to get higher fsb what u think about this ?

Back