• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

khx pc3200 not working with is7-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lavos49700

I just finished building my comp, and I am having trouble with my gig of khx pc3200. Here is my setup:
p4 2.6
is7-e mb
2 512 strips of khx pc3200
Prolink GF FX5200 128 DDR

Right now, however, I am using a cheap brand of 256k DDR memory.

I've tried with just 1 stick in the 1st slot, and then 2 sticks in slots 1 and 2, and also tried in slots 1 and 3. For all 3 scenarios, the memory was recognized in the boot screen. For when I had 2 sticks in, I just kept rebooting. When I had 512 in, it booted, but went very slow and wouldn't open much. I was told that all this was compatable, any suggestions? Thanks

alright we got the problem fixed for now , but the timings had to be set to 6,3,3,2 for it to work, which suggests ch-5. the ram he ordered from zipzoomfly.com was the non a 6,2,2,2 version which is supposed to be bh-5. also his ram says 2.6v on it which also leads me to believe it is ch-5. on the site they have the non a and a listed seperately for diff prices, but are they just sending all ch-5?

well he bought them seperately , when i looked at them i saw no a after the name , i looked at the little white sticker, i saw 2.6v on it too. what he ordered is the non a version, which should be bh-5 and rated at 2.5v, correct?

The voltage listed doesn't matter. 2.5V and 2.6V has been used on memory with Winbond BH-5 chips, as well as Winbond CH-5 chips. The same revision number can also mean either Winbond chips. The only way to know for sure is to check under the heatspreader.

How much voltage is he using? And what does the VDIMM voltage read when using a monitoring program (like AIDA32)?

i just told him to set it at 2.6v . i think he got ch-5 cuz he should be able to run 6222 @ 200fsb. i figured he'd get bh-5 which is why i told him to order. it cost like 20 more for that non a.

On a chip for example: KHX 3200, How do i recognize if its a CH-5 or BH-5 chip? What must it say on the chip itself ?

Thanks

Back