• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what happens to fans when i get board.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

well i got relly board ...so i was lookin for things to do when i give my old dell computer the evil eye. well i opened it up and from readin a post a bit back on how to make temp controlled fans go at max speed i took out the only fan i got in the computer ...(cant add any more fans or it voides the wanranty...probly already voided but who cares) after lookin at the fan i saw the wires stickin out to the heat probe. i took some thin wires and made it have full power....and it worked.

now i got full power (o tho its a bit loud) it keeps the computer cool...even if i only got a 1.7 ghz p4.

after a bit i turned the fan around so it blew air inside from the back of the case. there was sooo much air goin thro that i poped off a empty bay cover and i got air comein out at a good air speed.....its fun.

but thats what happens when i get board with computers.....cant wait for 3 more weeks i get a large sum of money and i am gona buy a relly nice computer... ideas for things for the new computer would be nice too...just send me a pm. and later i will make a new post.

You know that's the same with me. When I get board I do things that need to be done in my computer like wire something up that I've been meaning to wire but you need to have some limits. If you play with your computer too much you can do something bad. Don't just open up your computer to admire and look at things 5 times a day like I did when I got my first new computer a long time ago lol. Have fun

matrixzen said:
You know that's the same with me. When I get board I do things that need to be done in my computer like wire something up that I've been meaning to wire but you need to have some limits. If you play with your computer too much you can do something bad. Don't just open up your computer to admire and look at things 5 times a day like I did when I got my first new computer a long time ago lol. Have fun

Sounds like somebody needs a case window :p

when i get my new computer its gona have a case window...this compter i got right now is ....."crapy" and ugly.

damn fans screchy...now o well ...i just turn on some music

I've been meaning to wire but you need to have some limits. If you play with your computer too much you can do something bad. Don't just open up your computer to admire and look at things 5 times a day like I did when I got my first new computer a long time ago lol.
Definitely...I used to fix SO many things that weren't broken...and then I would have to fix things that I broke in the process. :(

If you play with your computer too much you can do something bad

I tried to soad my front bezel in bleach...HAHA I dont have a front bezel anymore......I honestaly have no idea where it went....I also broke my front USB while trying to move it into a drive bay....I have gotten bored and done some neat things too..I never really liked where the power LED was, so, I moved it....Hummm im gettin a little bored.....

prankstar008 said:

I tried to soad my front bezel in bleach...HAHA I dont have a front bezel anymore......I honestaly have no idea where it went....I also broke my front USB while trying to move it into a drive bay....I have gotten bored and done some neat things too..I never really liked where the power LED was, so, I moved it....Hummm im gettin a little bored.....

lol if your getin bored then maybe its time to think a new thought on how to messup or make a wonderful thing out of your computer lol

the fan i got right now after havein it run at full power ...now thats its back to normal its makin lots of noise.

and the computer i got in not upgradeable so i cant do much with it till i get a new computer...till then

You can always replace the fan.Warranty's aren't great anyway.Chances are they aren't going to do anything for you to start with.Now that the fan is screwed,you cut off the sensor.so
warranty VOID. Have fun WIZ ,THE FANMAN:cool:

not cutin anything till i get my own computer...my mom freaks if i just clean the dust out of it.

Back