• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp help for a newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

Hello! This is my first computer build. I have an abit nf7-2, AMD 2500 Barton. I currently run it with the sides off and a house fan to help cool it until my 3 case fans come in. I am running about 40 degrees idle and 50 or so with a load. Are these temps normal? I have the stock heatsink and fan, with one intake fan. I am o/c to 2.26 right now.
Thanks for any and all help/advice!

Those temps are normal for that overclock on the stock cooler. What kind of thermal compound do you have on there? AS3 would make it a few degrees cooler than average silicone compound. Try lapping the stock heatsink. That may help heat transfer. Nice overclock btw.

I have the out of the box thermal tape stuff on right now. I bought the sandpaper, but saw so many conflicting views about lapping that I thought I would wait untill I learned a little more about it before trying it.

Thanks for the input on temps! I need a bigger case! And for my case fans to come in for now!
E

Back