• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG!! I found big fans!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

yes, after days and days of googling, i have found big dc fans and dc blowers!!!
http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?&catname=electric&keyword=EBFD
(something so rare at a surplus store, odd isn't it?)
I ordered a 80cfm blower (high pressure) so i can pull off all my other fans and just run that though the radiator, cost me 22 bucks shipped compared to 40 bucks at ebay for a 115v one.
i is happy

Last edited:
Wow Korndog, thats awsome!

(Sufficiently stoked? lol I think you need ot give it a little more than an hour of the night for people to reply...)

No really, it is cool, lotta cheap fans there, I might just get some... I only wish they all had CFM and Dba ratings.

yea, i just googled the model number and manfac, and got the cfm/dba from manfac sites.
and i'm impatient dammit :p

BTW, is that fooly cooly in ur avatar?? man i love that show, trigun too, watched the DVD for the 100th time yesterday, good stuff, makes me want to be a womenizer like vash

nice find...i cant relly find a place on where they ship to besides the usa...but i think they ship all over usa/canada. only thing i dont relly like about that place is not a computer store and some people are very calful when getin stuff for their computer....others would take a 1000 cfm fan that takes the side panal to a fan and have it suck up their memory from it bein pulled out of its slots lol....

but if i had the money i would buy a few things and give a review on here.

i'm sure they would chip to canada..
lol! 1000cfm is a little overboard.. u sould take a look at the low cfm blowers, they maybe lower cfm then a regular fan, but the pressure is a lot higher. higher pressure, means better results because 100cfm fan is 100cfm @ 0 pressure but when u have it going though a case, radiator, or heatsink, the pressure increases and its more like 50cfm or lower. I have a filter, heatercore to blow through, and my 100cfm fan just isn't cutting it, plus it loud, thats why im' getting a blower :)

If you mean this fan is the one you got, it's not a centrifugal blower which produces better pressure, its just an axial fan albeit apparently a well made one.

More like a mini box fan than a blower, hopefully the flow rate it creates against the radiator is good but the 80 cfm isn't real impressive considering it does it over an area like 6 inches square or so.

Of course, I'd take that over the fans typically used for rad cooling any day. :D

Don't hate me for being a semi-downer, I like the little details though.

IMOG said:
If you mean this fan is the one you got, it's not a centrifugal blower which produces better pressure, its just an axial fan albeit apparently a well made one.

More like a mini box fan than a blower, hopefully the flow rate it creates against the radiator is good but the 80 cfm isn't real impressive considering it does it over an area like 6 inches square or so.

Of course, I'd take that over the fans typically used for rad cooling any day. :D

Don't hate me for being a semi-downer, I like the little details though.

doh!! not 80, 85..
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2003121323385372&item=16-1216&catname=electric

i got a antec amg 1000, not only will it fit perfectly in the front, it'll fit over the intake thats already make so no metal cutting, yay!
plus my case will look 1337 with jet like blower in the front, and i'm not talking about that whimpy coolermaster jet :D

Korndog said:
yea, i just googled the model number and manfac, and got the cfm/dba from manfac sites.
and i'm impatient dammit :p

BTW, is that fooly cooly in ur avatar?? man i love that show, trigun too, watched the DVD for the 100th time yesterday, good stuff, makes me want to be a womenizer like vash

Lol, of course... google - der lol

yes it's Furi Kuri, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and DBZ (and I might add love hina in there too in a bit - Done).

Last edited:
Now that I like... It's dimensions make it not-so-clumsy looking also compared to other possible blower dimensions.

And $13... Can't beat that! :)

Not only do they have fans but they also have a refrigeration unit for 48 bucks. Not sure how good of a unit it is though.

The 120mm x 38mm Sanyo Denki 100cfm fans are very nice fans. I have a couple. At $5.95 each this is a definite Hoot Two Thumbs Up! I'll be ordering some myself. Thanks Korndog for the link to this site.

Hoot

IMOG said:
Now that I like... It's dimensions make it not-so-clumsy looking also compared to other possible blower dimensions.

I KNOW!!!
man, i can't wait until i get it.. all steal housing too.
i can't believe i found it, almost wet myself

yea, the sanyo denki's are a great deal, would have ordered those but i really wanted a blower for my rad
i hope everyone find a good deal off this site!

IMOG said:

That's a sweet cage blower! It would make a good radiator fan for those into water cooling, not to mention a great Hoot Chute to boot :)
I'll be picking one of them up also, just to play with.

Well, u don't necesserly have to run it at full speed
if u run it only part way, it will still put a lot of air though ur what ever u use it for, a lot more then a 120mm or 80mm computer fan would.
and just so u don't feel limited, u can crank it up 1000cfm, LOL
its not THAT loud either, like 60dba, a vacuum is 80, so if ur at a lanparty, u can **** the hell out of everyone.. or cool everyone elses computer with ur exaust :p

Hoot said:

That's a sweet cage blower! It would make a good radiator fan for those into water cooling, not to mention a great Hoot Chute to boot :)
I'll be picking one of them up also, just to play with.

LOL, hoot chute to boot :p
yea, it looks like fun. i plan on leaving the wheel facing up so people can stick their fingers in and can laugh at their stupidity and curiousity.

hmm once I get my water cooling setup I am going to have to pick me up a blower. That would pretty at a lan party to crank up a fan to full speed and have the exhaust blow someones papers everywhere:D How do you power one of these though. The one blower I see for 13 bucks is an 85CFM squirral cage that runs on 24VDC at .58amps.

u can either run it at 12v, which would be too shabby
or u can do what i might do, get a 24v transformer, a relay switch, and wire it up so the relay turns on ur 24v transformer powering up the fan everytime u turn on ur computer. sure it might be loud at 24v, but thats why i'm getting a rheostat with it :D

Back