• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Loboexe

I am new to the custom PC world not to PCs.

At the weekend I went to a computer fair, you know what its like I went looking for a specific thing (that I could not find) and came back with a new wizzy case only £35 with built in neons, side window and tons of room, a new Gigabyte motherboard thats got more gadgets than inspector Gadget (well I needed a new one to go in the new case !) and a 2600+ chip with 256Mb of DDR RAM all for £200.

S my question is How far can you push the 2600+ without invoking the China Syndrome ?

Loboexe

Depends on cooling and if you have a brand name power supply to get 2.3 GHz or so average.

Thanks c627627

Cooling is a problem at the moment, I have to get the temp down so I am not pushing the chip or system too hard.

I am going to invest in a much better cooler, later I will look at getting a new PSU - just seen one that has windows and blue neon's mmmmmm

Fans with neon lights can be bought separately, however:

Power Supply Unit can take out all your other components.
Many PSU manufacturers list specs that do not reflect true capabilities of their products so all info on the PSU label doesn't mean much except for the brand, just look for the brand:

All Antecs (Channel Well) are good (Antec True Power is better), Fortron (Sparkle), Sirtec (Enlight, Vantec, Thermaltake), or more expensive Herolchi (Heroichi), PC Power and Cooling, or not as good but not dangerous HEC, TTGI, Zalman (Aopen).

Back